Fall Internship Opportunities with PSLS
Palestine Solidarity Legal Support (PSLS) advocates on behalf of Palestinian rights activists in the U.S. PSLS aims to provide legal and advocacy support to the Palestine solidarity movement by developing materials on relevant legal issues for activist use, providing advice, referrals and representation to activists, and engaging in advocacy on issues of importance to activist communities. Find out more at www.palestinelegalsupport.org.
We are now accepting applications for up to 2 law student interns and 1 undergraduate or graduate intern for the Fall of 2014. PSLS values the work of interns and believes interns should be compensated for their labor. At the current time, a limited number of paid internships are available for summer interns only. Students interested in interning during the school year are encouraged to apply for academic credit. Currently PSLS is only accepting applications for its Oakland and Chicago offices.
Law students will be supervised by a PSLS attorney. Research and advocacy projects may include:
- Legal and factual research and writing on various legal issues that come up for Palestinian rights activists, such as:
- Legal attacks on boycott and divestment campaigns.
- False accusations of support for terrorism against Palestine activists.
- Discrimination against Arab, Muslim, and Palestine activist students, and the use of Civil Rights laws to silence Palestine activism, etc.
- Violations of First Amendment speech and associational rights.
- Research and writing for Know Your Rights resources and conducting KYR workshops with students and others.
- Assistance with advocacy on behalf of activists experiencing backlash for standing up for Palestinian rights.
Undergraduate or graduate students with graphic design and communications skills are especially encouraged to apply. Projects may include designing handouts, guides, and other materials, drafting blog posts, newsletters, press releases, etc.
To apply, please send a resume, a cover letter explaining your interest in working with PSLS, and a writing sample of 5 pages or less to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2014.
Palestine Solidarity Legal Support, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.